The Marie Curie ~ cover up
“I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to be kind enough to give me one, please let it be practical and dark so that I can put it on afterwards to go to the laboratory.”
~ Marie Curie to Pierre Curie
practical, dark and perfect for commutes to the laboratory
- practical, dark and perfect for commutes to the laboratory
- incredibly lightweight and airy
- woven, remarkably durable, lightly-textured 100% pima cotton pique
in muted black
- black passementerie-trimmed hood. cuffs, hem and open front
- bishop sleeves
- supple, black, petersham ribbon tie closure
- press with warm iron
- dry clean
- made in NYC, by yours truly
- Made to Order - Depending on my current work load, please allow 1 to 3 weeks to cut, sew and finish before shipping.
- All made-to-order sales are non-returnable, so please measure carefully to find your correct size.
- Please note - there will be no size label sewn into this garment. I make these tops individually in my NYC studio, so there's no need for it.
- This is a loose-fitting garment with no defined waist or hip. The -front of the top is meant to flare out from the center of your body.
- Wearing any undergarments you normally would and with a flexible tape, comfortably (neither tight, nor loose) measure around the fullest part of your chest
If you do not see your size or have a specific question / concern about sizing, please do not hesitate to contact me
Based on 2 reviews
I’ve bought items from Laura, and the quality/standards are very high. She puts out products my girlfriend loves,
and it makes my choice easy to make.
When I want something positively beautiful, as well as functional, the Marie Curie jacket is what I have grabbed over and over again. The sleeves provide a wonderfully dramatic feel, yet it is still as easy as wearing a cardigan. The design, attention to detail, and workmanship is spectacular!!